Sunday, September 28, 2008

New Birds...


Today was a true day off...did a few minor chores around here then went in to feed Chuck's dogs this morning and when I got home I had some new visitors. Five white birds ( yet to be identified ) flying around my complex. I reckon they are just stopping by to rest while on their way south somewhere. Took an hour to do some diagrams of where I am in relation to neighbors and shopping at the request of my Aunt Ginger and emailed them off. I expect my Uncle Pete to identify them and post a comment on this blog within the next day or two....hint, hint...

Took a drive up to see the new owners of Estrella Vista - the former homestead of the folks that led me to this area in the first place. http://www.velacreations.com/ Dan and Paul are just settling in. Back in upstate NY ....two guys buying a house in the country would automatically mean they are gay - but out here that doesn't happen very often. These two just happen to be friends that want to get a little further away from declining civilization. I hung out there for awhile and had a chance to try out Paul's 357 revolver....first time I shot a real pistol in over 30 years. As I'm looking to buy one for myself, figured it was time to pull a trigger again. It was a very nice gun as far as guns go - looking for something along that line.

Gave dinner to Chuck's dogs and came back home with every intention of doing some clearing where I am planning on damming up the creek. My transient bird friends were hanging out right in the area where I was going to work so I called it a day. Decided to let them hang out and rest where they were. Would like to keep them around for a little while before they continue their journey.

2 comments:

timetraveler said...

I believe those birds are white Egrets. Very fun blog and interesting. I don't know how you have the time to do the blog and the Youtubes, with all the other things you have going.

Gavin Thomas said...

Like timetraveller said I think those are Egrets. Possibly Cattle Egrets hanging out with the Longhorns.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_Egret