Sunday, October 19, 2008

Summit

Started the day by frying up some sausage and eggs for a couple of breakfast burritos. Tourist day today. Chuck'n'Kathy came out with their neighbor Nancy for a hike and some rock hunting. Benita, Seniora Halderson and a new cow I call Sandra Bernhard (because she has a great body but is kind of ugly) were here for a snack and to put on a show for my visitors. Chuck held down the cow palace while Kathy, Nancy and I headed for the mountain top just SE of me. It is a section of property I am attempting to add to my empire. Took us about an hour to make it to the summit - 230 ft. above my house location and about 1/4 mile away. Excellent views from the top. That's Aunt Kathy on the peak and the view of my homestead from the top. Pretty much pooped out for the rest of the day as I seem to have used some new leg muscles on the trek. Note to self: Don't leave the truck radio on for 5 hours unless you want to pull a battery from the bank in order to jump start the truck....again.

1 comment:

John D Baxter said...

Beautiful view from up there! Wonder if you ever purchased it, have to remember to ask sometime...