Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Deathly Hot'n'Calm Today

Nice cool morning but it heated up quickly without a breath of a breeze to calm the rising temps. Only Beatrice showed up early but the crowds grew quickly as the morning progressed. I strapped on the feed bag at the Grub Shack and came home to find quite the crew around my house. Lured them out to the end of my driveway with treats..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9829dhzjpQ8

Got hot our here quickly so I was only able to gather and sift my aggregate for the final pour. Contemplated doing the pour at the end of the day but lapsed into Terlingua Time and put it off till tomorrow. Banking on a nice hot shower after I finish up in the morning. Ventured up to my neighbor's to photograph the incredible stone retaining wall for his porch he just labored away at over the past couple of days. That's a hellova lot of rocks to move by hand.

Wrapped up the day prepping all the stone, sand and water for tomorrow and pulled the forms off the east entrance pour. Quite pleased with the results....

7 comments:

Thunder Britches said...

You're Pleased? You should be!! Im amazed,you're a concrete pouring wizard. I think I get it,the vertical rebar is going to base up stacked concrete block walls!? Right??

..but my favorite is that job you did building/pouring the.."Gully Washer Dam"..that was not only beautiful,it was actually fine Engineering.

Your neighbor put together a really nice Adobe House, didnt he?
Nice Photo!!

Ben in Texas said...

Neat herd.. We got longhorns in Fort Worth Texas as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XozQTwgZXV4&NR=1

Mr_Brown said...

Great video of the Longhorns and it looks like your construction is moving along very nicely. I'm very interested to see how it progresses.

Your neighbors look like they have put together a cool place. Is there anyway to get a little background on their construction? It looks like it might be Adobe?

Allen Hare said...

Your neighbors place looks real nice, but, boy would I put something up out there for shade! All those big windows must catch a lot of heat. As usual, the pour looks great. I'm itchin' to see the next phaze. I really like the "Crowd" picture, so much that I clicked on it to use as my desktop background for a while. Thanks, and, please keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

HEY I THINK YOUR CRAZY AND THAT IS FOR THE BEST...COUSIN....LOL RHONDA FROM ODESSA....

neil said...

I like the video title...which one is Molly Ringwald?

MsBelinda said...

Is this your neighbor the captain? Those windows are awfully big. How do they keep cool?