Friday, February 26, 2010

found a diversion

Something new just popped up for The Field Lab... from the old list - made it to the top for this weekend. Spent a good amount of the day just hiking my property, instead of building anything. Low and behold...about 1/4 mile SE from where the wind turbines were mounted, I found a long lost hub. Nice to know it flew that far during what was probably the 70+mph winds we had once last summer. Guess it pays off to walk the property every now and then. Topped off the afternoon with a visit to my neighbor Bill, whose wedding I performed here last November. He and his buddy Jackie have been working on the homestead this week. 52,75,39,0

8 comments:

rj said...

Got to break up the routine from time to time.

tffnguy said...

John, why didn't you take a shot of the view from that back porch looking toward the south? Wish I'd have taken my camera and I would have. What a view!

BTW I hear your friend Louise is leaving BBMI.

mike said...

interesting site

http://www.offgridphotography.com/Site/Off-Grid_Photography_in_the_Big_Bend_Desert.htm

Unknown said...

John, how many acres do you have? I've gone back in your blog and it seems you were out at your place a long time before you started blogging. I don't see any pictures of your arrival (except the one you posted recently at the bare ground stage) or the building of your house.

There is an article in the March 2010 issue of the electric co-op that I belong to that mentions Study Butte and says that the pronunciation is "Stoody Byoot". Is that correct?

rj said...

Marlene
Check out John's "...Complete Profile" on the right, his web page in that profile with bio, then photos. A direct link to the photos. Start at 1st 8 weeks.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the "first" photos info, RJ. Now, do you know how many acres John owns?

rj said...

Marlene,
You have to find the website. It is on one of the first 3 pages in the first sentence.

“Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.”

However,

“He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever”

Anonymous said...

Stoody Butte !!
Wedding ?? minister John ?