Wednesday, May 26, 2010

HP

Cranked out a few more tshits early this morning then went for a ride on the quad to check the road. Not too bad except for the famous "you'll get stuck here" spot....still a muddy swamp. I had a feeling that was the case because Benita showed up this morning with mud up to her ankles - a very good indicator of road conditions.

Spent all afternoon cleaning out the house and re wiring my set up for the office corner. Vacuumed up lots of dust, spider webs, and enough beard hair to weave a blanket. The space is clean and orderly again, if only for a short time. Getting cleaned up to shoot a video about my power systems here. HP is going to feature the Field Lab soon because of my unique situation and the fact that I own 3 HP computers. Got all the wiring done and easily fired them all up at once. The old desktop is 8 years old and still runs like a charm - it has data on it from a previous computer so it contains about 15 years of my life pre-Texas. The laptop I bought just before coming out here in '07 and it holds all my Field Lab data. The netbook is only 6 month old - used for live remote broadcasting. All HP...powered by the sun (I made that up today). I'm not getting paid to endorse their products - I just like 'em. 82,92,66,0,B

15 comments:

Andy V said...

Helluva endorsement, if you asked me! Wish they had tech support from the good ol' USA, though.

KE5MIL said...

Nice setup, the only thing I don't see is your 1TB USB External Hard Drive($85) for keeping a data backup. Maybe even one off-site as well that is updated once or twice a year. Maybe you already have this covered by using a web solution. Anyway, if not, don't forget S*** happens.

rj said...

"Cranked out a few more tshits"

Hope you did eat something bad :)

Unknown said...

Beard Blanket Bingo... is that my gift with purchase?

Anonymous said...

How u like that net book? I been wanting an apple but the cost is so high. The netbook is around 300 right?

Anonymous said...

Well looks like the rain cooled things down some. Looking forward to seeing the video.

neil said...

TFL-TimeLapse-20100526

Anonymous said...

Neat!

Unknown said...

High Speed Internet service is provided by Big Bend Telephone Co via DSL.......Digital Second Line.

Roadtrip Junkie. said...

When are you gonna stop baking and get that roof on.

chempilot said...

are you saying a Field Lab Beard Blanket is up for sale next? first dibs! :O)

Alec said...

John,

I found something you may be
interested in sort of a modern
day Forrest Gump maybe he
can stop by the field lab

http://www.imjustwalkin.com/

Anonymous said...

hmmm If john is gonna do a field Lab beard blanket, what does everyone think of an OGT belly button lint sweater?

ezrablu said...

I still have my HP and it's going on 10 years old...runs good as ever.

dzent1 said...

I run all my computers (they're about 6-8 years old) on Puppy linux, a free and incredibly fast OS that is about 100 megs total, will do anything my Windows stuff does, and is supported like crazy in the community. Never found a system I liked better, and I've used Macs, PC's, Atari's, you name it. Boots and runs like a champ from cd, dvd, flash, hd, whatever. Barry Kauler, the inventor, is a genius IMHO. Not paid to proselytize - I just love the OS. Extremely light on resources, runs wireless and printers and such with ease. Perfect for a low-power system.