Sunday, February 3, 2013

Why?

Why do we do all the things that we do?  What are the desired consequences of every single action in our day to day lives?  What are the ends to our means?  I have thought a lot about why I have done all the things that I have done in my life and why I am doing what I do now.  A very close look at the why tells us what path we are on.

Psalm 119 : 33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. 34 Give me understanding , and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. 35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight . 36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. 37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way. 38 Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear. 39 Turn away my reproach which I fear : for thy judgments are good. 40 Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.  56,70,46,0,B,0

5 comments:

Don said...

The one and only decent commercial during the superbowl.

D. B. Day IV said...

You have never been one for conversation at this level--at least not in the last four/five or so years I've been around.

Are you open to some referenced/quoted "plain living high thinking" conversation?

"Dewey"
D.B.Day IV

Rev.jimmyleebob said...

Same guy worked on that skeet photo
put a dodge in the place of a ford in every photo with a truck in it?

Chris Miller said...

We're all just mammals who are built to procreate and hunt and gather. We're the way we are because we're displaced in a modern world and our brains have not evolved enough yet to allow for survival here.

The end result? Just walk into any major city and look around. We're all seeking something that is right under our own noses -- to become one with the land again. Until more discover this they will be depressed, overweight and addicted because we don't know what to do anymore.


It's time to make the choice to understand our evolutionary past and do the best we can with "who" we are right now so that we can continue to evolve.

Allen Hare said...

Three sets of great words. I sure miss Paul Harvey. I'll stick with my Ford trucks, though.

Well said, Chris Miller.