Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sandpaper Highway


I think I ordered new tires just in time.  Highway 118 is getting "repaved" from the ranch road down to Terlingua.  Our 80 grit road is being turned into a 40 grit road.  As a contractor though, I must admit that I am impressed with the efficiency of the operation - all lanes for 20 miles done in just over 1 day.  Too bad we don't warrant real asphalt instead of just rocks and oil.  The really good news is no new cracks in my windshield from flying gravel (yet).  87,99,73,0,B

5 comments:

Rev.jimmyleebob said...

Got yer rag and gallon of mineral spirits ?

Harry Flashman said...

At least it will keep the dust down for you.

Ronald Mahan said...

Don, Sam, and I are coming down for our annual dove & quail shoot in late October & early November. Hope that section of 118 is well broken in by then. I will tell Don to bring some mineral spirts - as we are coming in his Tahoe.

mike said...

there goes the wind shield

Dale said...

As sorry as it is, it's way better than the fair weather road to the Field Lab.