Tuesday, October 14, 2014

fast asleep

Been really enjoying the new mattress and sleeping north/south instead of east/west.  Taking the comfort zone up a notch starting tonight.  What usually happens is that I end up falling asleep while watching a video on the internet.  Then I wake up and have to get up to turn off the computer, wait for it to log off then shut down, turn off the AC power strip then turn off my lights and fans.  Just enough activity to wake me up enough that it takes awhile to fall asleep again.  So now I have a wireless mouse and a one channel remote to shut down the AC power to the computer,speakers, and modem and another two channel remote to turn off the DC lights and fans.  Point-click-click-click-sleep.  71,80,43,0,C

13 comments:

Steve said...

You're getting soft, John.

czardastx said...

Maybe a book instead of a video. You fall asleep and the book shuts itself and you don't have to do a darn thing.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Ain't the modern world wonderful?

Wayne said...

Funny, Why not just get one of those clappers? Ha. just kidding. Hey glad to see the flying is going well. Take care keep us up to date. This is the best blog to see whats really happening down there since my property is right down the road from you.

Margery Billd said...

Texas Monthly has pictures and articles about the area.

Rita B. said...

I'm an east-west sleeper.

Mike said...

Or just get "the clapper"

JohnnyM said...

Bless those east/ west sleepers. I've not only had to change that but now living as a left hand of the bed sleeper, oh I long for those days. Call me silly/crazy but...if you do it growing up - slept well...must be "love"

Rev.jimmyleebob said...

next you'll need some tactical jammies to put all them remotes in

Margery Billd said...

O.K. you got me. I thought, what is this baloney - north-south, east- west sleeping. So I looked up Eastern and Ayurvedic Indian medicine. To be healthy we need to sleep with our head either south or west. When it is south, we have more REM sleep (rapid eye movement dream sleep which is good). This is because of the earth's magnetic poles. (And dogs take so long to deficate because they are lining up to the north-south magnetic poles). If our head is facing north, we get negative magnetic energy (maybe sickness).


Margery Billd said...

The head has to be East Or South. East or South. I made a mistake on my last blog---head should be east not west

Margery Billd said...

Well, it is a relief to know I have been o.k.- more or
less approximately.

John Wells said...

Well...my head has been west and is now north. I will let you know how it works out.